Not everyone is made for the spotlight. In fact, being the center of attention creeps some people out. Maybe you’re one of those people? Yeah, I thought so. It’s cool. You can still find an awesome job that will allow you to do what you’re best at: be yourself.
1. Look in the kitchen: It takes someone really outgoing to be a cashier, and customer interaction isn’t for everyone. A job working in the kitchen at a restaurant like Chick-fil-A, Wendy’s, or Burger King could be perfect for you.
2. Do clean-up duty: Starting out as a busser or dishwasher is a great way to get started in the restaurant business. You’ll be able to work independently and you won’t have to talk with customers about how rainy it is outside.
3. Have some fun: Being shy doesn’t mean you can’t find a fun workplace. Working at an amusement park like Hersheypark, Disney, or Universal Resorts could be a good job with even better perks – like free tickets for your friends.
4. Drive off into the sunset: You don’t have to be a people person to work with cars. Places like Valvoline and Jiffy Lube hire teenagers.
5. Work behind the scenes: Inventory companies like WIS International and RGIS are more about the products and less about the people.
Still haven’t found what you’re looking for? Maybe we didn’t hit the nail on the head. There are still tons of other jobs that would be perfect for you. Search for teen jobs!